Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Insanity - Day 2 Cardio Plyometrics

O...M......G!!!!!!!!!!!!! When BB says this is the hardest workout that was ever put out on DVD, I would have to say that they hit the nail on the head. I wasn't dying at the end of the warm-up (I have read a few people who are blogging about their experiences said that they were totally out of breath after the warm-up)... I was feeling energized and ready to go. Then, we did the warm-up routine AGAIN - this time faster... then AGAIN (faster yet)... then AGAIN. I was DYING by the middle of the third time through... my lungs burned so bad (like I was breathing fire, literally).... my calves were screaming. I made it through that and the few minutes of blissful stretching that followed.

Then, these crazy drills began - with minimal breaks - for the next 20+ minutes. Honestly, I think that I was resting more than I was working out. I almost threw up a few times along the way, and I didn't make it through the entire DVD, even with my breaks. I just couldn't do it. I tried - boy, did I try, but the burning/pulling sensation in my legs was back again (the one that haunted me during the fitness test), and I don't want/need an injury right now. So, I stopped... I finished the day with the stretching DVD from CLX.

This was all yesterday...

Today, I stuck with CLX. I am doing Round II with the DVD set. I think that I am going to try to integrate the Insanity DVDs with the CLX program for the next week - swapping out the CLX cardio DVDs for the Insanity and take it from there. Hoping to work up to doing the Insanity program from Day One by the beginning of August. Feeling a bit like a failure, but I recognize that if I aggrevate my previous injuries, I will be down for the count for at least 6-8 weeks. Trying to be smart here w/o beating myself up too badly (emotionally)...

No comments:

Post a Comment